Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Pallet Coffee Table

 I'm sure you've been seeing all the great things people are doing with pallets lately.   


Theatre Seating


Patio Furniture


Porch Swing


End Tables


and of course, Coffee Tables!


  These are what I'm currently obsessed with.  We haven't had a coffee table for years.  For some time, we just thought it took up too much room.  We wanted the space to play with our baby and not worry about her hitting her head on the corner.  Then as she got older, I couldn't quite find one that I liked or could afford.

And then I saw this lovely thing!
Isn't she gorgeous?
But I wanted her for my living room.
So the search for pallets began.  I couldn't figure out where everyone was picking up these pallets.  I looked high and low, behind businesses.  I finally found a couple hidden spots, but did you know that no two pallets are the same?  Grrrr.  So to make a long story short, I went with just one nice pallet.


And this is the lovely lady I ended up with.


I could go on and on about my issues with the sanding, staining, sanding it down again and of course staining it again but I'll just move on.

So here she sits in my living room in all her glory.  I'm loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment